Jake Undone By Penelope Ward

Jake Undone  - Penelope Ward

Nina Kennedy was alive…but not living…until she met him.

Planes, trains, heights…you name it, Nina was afraid of it and led a sheltered life ruled by irrational fears and phobias. When she moves to Brooklyn for nursing school, that life is turned upside down, as she develops an intense but unwanted attraction to her gorgeous roommate, who’s pierced, tattooed and just happens to be the smartest person she’s ever met.

Behind Jake Green’s rough exterior and devilish smile, lies a heart of gold. He makes it his mission to change Nina’s outlook on life. When he agrees to tutor her, they forge a bet and the stakes are high as Jake forces Nina to face her demons. He just wasn’t expecting to fall hard for her in the process.

What Nina doesn’t realize, is that Jake has been living his own private hell. Once he drops a bombshell, will their love survive it?

Told in two parts from both Nina and Jake’s points of view, Jake Undone is a standalone story and a companion to the novel, Gemini.

Meet Your Next Book Boyfriend Jake And Come Undone!!

The beginning of this book kind of confused me, first we encounter Jake running late for an exam, then he sees an attractive girl spinning round and round in the rain who he estimated her to be in her mid-teens, Walks over to her, introduces himself, she says her name and then the books skips to "Six Years Later" it's probably not until you hit over half way that it all becomes clear..

So we're six years later and we're introduced to Nina who will be co-sharing an apartment with 3 others, one is her childhood friend Ryan..One of his roommates had recently moved out so it was perfect for her and close to her classes..

Meet Troll aka Nina

Nina has a few hang ups to say the least, which stems back to a childhood incident, what you'd term irrational fears which had started to take over her life, to the point where she wouldn't leave the house..

e.g. For instance instead of taking a plane she'll take the bus, or the stairs instead of the elevator etc etc

Then we're given the pleasure of meeting Jake, I can honestly say I came undone!! Hot damn!!In Nina's words he was freaking beautiful!!

He had a brow ring, and a bottom lip ring, green eyes, and short dark hair, he was like a black cat - gorgeous but very likely bad luck if it crossed your path..

JAKE:

We learn that Nina fails dismally at maths and has to seek help from Jake who jumps at the chance to tutor her, this is where it starts to pick up and becomes interesting..

Jake also comes up with a genius master plan that if she gets below an "A" then there will be consequences in the form of facing her fears head on, one fear at a time..

There were so many elements to this story, and it just showed with a little patience and a lot of love you can work through anything..Loved this book!!

Did I say before that I loved Jake?? If you read this, take note of "Bats" Yep I said :"Bats" and I'm not going to say any more on the subject, guess you'll have to read it to understand what I mean!! But this is when I claimed Jake as my book boyfriend..

About the Author: Penelope Ward

Born: The United States

Gender: Female

Penelope Ward grew up in Boston with five older brothers. She spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor, before switching to a more family friendly career.

Penelope lives for reading books in the new adult genre, coffee and hanging out with her friends and family on weekends.

She is the proud mother of a beautiful 9-year-old girl with autism (the inspiration for the character Callie in Gemini) and a 7-year-old boy, both of whom are the lights of her life.

Penelope, her husband and kids reside in Rhode Island.

She is currently working on her third novel and loves friend requests from readers!

FOLLOW ME FOR UPDATES ON NOVEL #3 - SKYLAR AND MITCH'S STORY.

Website: https://www.facebook.com/penelopewardauthor