The Broken By Ker Dukey

The Broken - Ker Dukey

A Dark NA Romance

When River’s already broken life shattered further on her sixteenth birthday, she was forced to be with the wrong best friend of her brothers. She was meant for Sammy but circumstance and black mail forced her into a relationship with Danny, a troubled, abusive partner. Leaving the only boy she ever loved to flee. Now four years later he has returned. When her feelings and missing parts of herself that left with him return also, loyalty, restraint and love will be tested. Can she find a way to leave the threatening clutches of Danny, to finally be saved by her childhood love? Or will Danny’s hold on her tighten when more life shattering events consume their already troubled lives?

When Sammy returns home, after four years of being away from the girl that broke his heart, he’s not prepared for all his old feelings to force their way straight back into his heart. Questions that were left unasked when he left begin to plague him, when the sudden relationship between River and Danny all those years ago seems all the more confusing now. Secrets, mistrust and Danny’s possessive behaviour sends up red flags and Sammy begins doubting himself for leaving in the first place. When the spark between Sammy and river finally ignites it will leave explosive consequences for everyone.

Ok here goes, I've just finished this book so my thoughts are still in turmoil, and for an honest review I have to just get what is going through my mind out..

This book was so fucked (and I apologize if this offends anyone) up on more levels than one, like a gun firing off shots one after another in quick succession this is what it was like reading this book, so many things were going on, boom boom boom one jolt after another!!

I love my dark, gritty reads but seriously those other books have nothing on this book, times I just wanted to turn off the kindle and stop that roller coaster of a ride, but like a corporal punishment I had to keep reading..

I loved Sammy, but I did despise him at the beginning of the book only because I didn't understand why he walked away all those years ago, once your fed that information I totally understood why he left..Did I condone his decision, probably not, but then this book wouldn't be half as good if he had stayed and fought for her..

This train wreck all started on River's sixteenth birthday, which is right in your face from page one, and I will admit it did choke me up a bit, that's how raw, gritty and emotional this book is..

I had pieces saved out of this book that I had written down that I was going to share in my review but I feel just saying what's going though my mind is enough to convey how good this book is..Also a very hard book to recommend due to all the nasty disturbing situations brought to the core in this book, so go in prepared that this isn't a read for the light hearted, it packs a huge punch..

And just a warning if that wasn't a bugger of a cliff hanger I don't know what is!!

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Ker Dukey

Gender: Female

When not lost in her mind of characters Ker can be found reading or spending time with family.
She has a passion for music, attending concerts with her sister and enjoying the occasional nights out with girlfriends.
She can also be found having in-depth chats about book boyfriends on face book in some amazing groups and blogs