All the Pretty Lies (Pretty #1) by M. Leighton

All the Pretty Lies (Pretty #1)  - M. Leighton

“Live, no regrets”

Her…
Sloane Locke has led a sheltered life. However, with a history like hers, she can understand why her brothers and her father want so much to protect her. She has gone along with it for twenty long years, but those days are over. For the girl who never makes promises, Sloane has made a pact with herself that things will change on her twenty-first birthday. So when the clock strikes midnight, Sloane strikes out to spread her wings and break a few rules.

Him…
In addition to inking skin, Hemi Spencer possesses many talents. Controlling himself has never been one of them. It’s never had to be. He’s lived a life of indulgence for as long as he can remember. Right up until tragedy struck. Now, he’s nothing but controlled. He’s a man on a mission, one who will let nothing and no one stand in his way.

Them…
Nothing in their lives could’ve prepared Sloane and Hemi for what they’d find in each other—distraction and obsession, love and possession. But the one thing they can’t find is a future. Neither one has been totally honest. And they’ll soon learn that the devil is in the details. In the details and in the lies.
How far will two people go to live in the now when the now is all they’ve got?

My Review: By Kat Fenton

'Live everyday like it's your last, none of us are promised tomorrow."

Sweet and innocent, Sloane has made a pact with herself that things will change on her twenty-first birthday. So when the clock strikes midnight, Sloane strikes out to spread her wings and break a few rules.

First thing on her list is getting a tattoo, she's never been in a tattoo parlor before, but "The Ink Stain" comes highly recommended..

"I'm getting this damn tattoo, and nobody's gonna stop me."

Admiring the sketches on display, a deep voice interrupts, "Can I help you?"

Of all the works of art on the walls, none compares to the one she's staring at now. Angular, muscular features which seem to be carved in stone- slashing brows, luminous eyes, high cheekbones and a chiseled mouth..

She's caught staring, she knows it, and he knows it "See anything you like?"

"No," she says automatically.

"I'd like to have a half-open oyster shell on my right hip, towards the back, and have butterflies coming out of it and flying up my side, sort of around to the front."

Sloane feels like she's lived inside a tight shell her whole life..She's been protected and sheltered and raised as a lady in a house full of men..But when she turned twenty-one all that changes..Like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon she's setting herself free and spreading her wings and finally living.

Hemi: "I may not be able to give you breakfasts and promises, but I can give  you pleasure like you've never dreamed of."

Many times that quote will come and bite Hemi in the ass!!

Sloane: "I don't want promises, most of the time, promises are just pretty lies, they're words designed to make others feel better. But in the end, they're still just lies, disappointing lies."

I want to be with her, I want to watch her eyes open first thing in the morning, I don't want just to have her, I want to possess her, I want to make her mine, to mark her so deeply that she could never be anyone else's.

I really enjoyed this book, swoon worthy moments, loved all that was Hemi and sympathized with Sloane and her need to break free..Was more to this book than just your average romance!1 Definitely recommend!!

M.Leighton

Gender: Female

M. Leighton

I was born and raised in the United States, and I’ve lived in several of the fabulous fifty. Though I currently live in the deep South, I spent much of my childhood up North and hope to return there one day. A few other things about me: I believe that sometimes you have to look really, REALLY hard to find the good in people, but it's there. I believe that I'm shrinking (I swear five years ago I was two inches taller). I believe my husband is quite possibly one of the most amazing men in the entire world (I can't be sure because I haven't met all of them). I believe coffee and chocolate, when combined, could be the basis for world peace. I believe that Jesus rocks and communism doesn’t. I believe that white makes me look fat and black collects lint. I believe summer's too hot, winter's too cold and fall was made for football. I like dogs better than cats and the first movie in a trilogy is invariably the best. But most of all, I believe that love conquers all.